Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: How to record, download then delete files on SxS in a Mac

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cowcowcowcow
Mitch LewisRe: How to record, download then delete files on SxS in a Mac
by on Mar 26, 2009 at 12:44:51 am

You are playing with fire my friend. : )

Sony explicitly states in their documentation that you should only copy footage from an SxS card using their Clip Browser software. The software defaults to "Preform CRC check after copy" in the software preferences. CRC stands for Cyclic Redundancy Check. It confirms that the data was successfully copied from one location to another. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about CRC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_redundancy_check

It all depends on how important that footage is to you. If this is just a hobby then no worries. But if you're getting paid to shoot, then loosing footage is a big no, no.

There have been lots of complaints on DVInfo.net about people loosing their footage due to incorrect file transfer. But maybe you'll get lucky. I'm crossing my fingers for you. :)

Sony EX3, Letus Ultimate, Nikon lenses, Sachtler tripod
20 years as a videographer/editor - HD and 35mm adaptor newbie
Experienced with Apple products, Final Cut Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, MOTU Digital Performer, Flip4Mac, etc...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]