Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: handing off EX-3 footage

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ed KuklaRe: handing off EX-3 footage
by on Dec 26, 2008 at 8:44:32 pm

"I think that in the freelance world - many videographers are so hungry for work, that they are willing to transfer the SxS media to a hard drive for the client - and that's considered the lightest amount of work, leaving the editing and post to some other party. The hope for most videographers is that they will also end up putting the acquired footage together to produce a complete video, and then bill accordingly."

I was re-reading this thread and caught that comment.
I've been a professional cinematographer for about 20 years and I never edit. I specialize in making nice pictures for good clients and they hire professional editors to put another set of eyes to the project. Kind of like they do it in real life. Your post makes it sound like us who work like this are 'hungry for work'. If I was illiterate of this business I'd say you are describing a jack of all trades and master of none. But I won't go there, I'm sure that doesn't apply to all the 'videographers' out there.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]