Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: smearing-shutter speed-shutter angle

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael O'ReillyRe: smearing-shutter speed-shutter angle
by on Nov 25, 2008 at 9:40:57 pm

Thanks for that thoughtful response Don. I've worked with Varicam footage at 720p24 and it exhibited none of the smearing artifacts I am seeing with this Sony (for the record, a PDWF350 with 1/2 inch chip).

My goal is to lose the hyper-real temporal plasticity of video. Believe it or not, but I cut my teeth on a Pixelvision toy camera that outputted 15fps. I learned from this toy that it is the temporal definition and not the spatial definition of the frame that makes video and film look so different.

So when shooting progressive was as easy as a menu choice, I jumped a the chance.

But this PDWF350 seems to be doing something different to the image than the Varicam (yeah, that's why Varicam's seem so sought after). We do have access to the next model up in terms of XDCAM cameras - I don't have the model number but it has a 2/3 inch chip - are there more temporal features/controls with the 2/3 inch chip XDCAM camera ?

thanks

Michael O'Reilly

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]