Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SONY CINEALTA:Sony CineAlta HD ForumHDV Format ForumSony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: EX1 transfer procedure to FCP 6

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen MayRe: EX1 transfer procedure to FCP 6
by on Aug 30, 2008 at 4:12:51 pm

Neil,

I've got one for you guys... (now COW will know how much I don't know!) Here it is:
My process now is that I ingest my SxS media via XDCAM Transfer, and I've named a location, HD Scatch, and after I'm finished with labeling my clips, notes, "good/Keep" etc. I select import, and check my folder.

They're always in an 'Untitled' folder, (did they ever fix that? I can't name my SxS card) and I rename the untitled folder or I make a new folder, and drop them in accordingly, and then I duplicate that entire folder to an external RAID as a backup.

When I begin a project in FCP6 I name and save my project and then, in the browser, I 'import >files' and select from my HD Scratch what I need. By doing it this way, my notes never come into my browser with the XDCAM clips. I remember when I did my first XDCAM edit in FCP6 I actually selected IMPORT>XDCAM, but that option is not there anymore. I've been so busy, I just kinda went, "oh.." and I keep going, without my notes showing. What happened? What am I doing wrong? If this has been answered over and over, please let me know where to look.

thanks for your help. -s

Stephen May
Keystone Media Productions
Freelance Videographer

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy