Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Re: Combustion/Edit* nle instead of smoke 2013

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David JahnsRe: Combustion/Edit* nle instead of smoke 2013
by on May 23, 2012 at 7:38:27 pm

Thanks, Juan - that's a good read.

I didn't know much of the Discreet world in those day, but I remember back when Avid was pulling out of the Mac market, and the FW-DV-FCP revolution begun - good times... A few years later, they had Avid on the ropes, and then.... X.

That's what kills me about FCP-X. When you look at what Apple had in their toolkit in 2007 - FCP, Color, Shake, Motion, Soundtrack, Cinema Tools, Final Cut Server, 3rd party hardware - etc... Seemed like they just needed some interface gurus to tie everything together a little better, fix some core issues, go 64-bit, and they could have owned the pro video market for a generation.

Interesting that demise of the app that killed edit* is giving Autodesk an opening for Smoke to be the Super-App that FCP could have been...

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy