Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Re: Six foot under

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dean DeCarloRe: Six foot under
by on Jan 13, 2010 at 11:39:17 pm

Along the lines of juggling the prices as mentioned in the earlier post is the confusing product placement of Toxik for instance. At first it seemed poised to pick up the market that Combustion held but it was a little feature poor and kind of specialized. Autodesk started doing some good work to remedy this. For a while there it looked like the main options between AE and Flame were Toxik, Nuke and Fusion. Bundling Toxik in with Maya and abandoning it as a standalone sends the signal that Autodesk is not that interesting in aggressively developing the product. Where have I heard this before? It's a great freebie that comes with Maya. For some 3D people maybe that is a boon. For people whose main business is compositing (like me) it's a turn off. Like I said Autodesk is fickle. It seems the marketing is done on a whim rather than following a real plan. It's unfortunate as there is some great technology there that I have spent a lot of time learning.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]