Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Re: Six foot under

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: Six foot under
by on Jan 8, 2010 at 5:03:01 pm

Do you really think people using under $2k NLE apps, that bought Combustion as their compositing platform, would pay $15k to upgrade to smoke or something else? For one application?

That one software purchase is more than my entire editing system costs, with all the other hardware and apps I use, combined. I'm sure there are many people who WILL buy Smoke or something similar at that price level, it takes all kinds and there are many budget levels of production, from low to high.

I just think that many folks who were very happy at the value proposition offered by Combustion will not feel the same way when the price for a replacement app is so much more, significantly more. They have a bottom line to look at as well, and if Autodesk can't meet that line, someone else will.

It seems a shame because you have in Combustion a terrific and capable product that already has amortized a lot of development cost, it basically is "free" for Autodesk at this point, and you're not capitalizing on that. You could clean it up a little, and release it at a blow-out price and capture a huge market share, or sell it/rent it on a web-enabled subscription basis, very affordably and milk it for years to come. But it looks like it is just going to be taken out back and put down like Edit* was.

That's just a shame, and I won't let Autodesk get a third chance to disappoint me.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]