Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Re: Autodesk NAB '07 Product Showcase

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd GrovesRe: Autodesk NAB '07 Product Showcase
by on Mar 16, 2007 at 8:29:34 pm

As a supportive user of Combustion since v2.1 I can relate to the occasional expression of doubt regarding Combustion's future. But, given Combustion's "role" in Autodesk's product line I can understand the somewhat controlled approach to its being upgraded. After all, adding more tools and increasing the power of current ones could eventually lead to Combustion encroaching upon Autodesk's higher end products. So it's seemingly lackadaisical growth makes sense on the business side. I think some may perceive Combustion may be going the way of Edit, another Discreet product that fell away to the chagrin of many users and a strong following.

I'd like to see Combustion continue to grow myself. What user doesn't? But, I can still see Combustion being relevant in a production pipeline in its current state for a long time to come. Assuming it's updated to meet technological changes, like the current trend towards more HD productions, etc.

Combustion users like myself aren't affected by the day-to-day business of following the development of Autodesk's products as Autodesk representatives are. And the inclusion of Alias into Autodesk's infrastructure may still be having an effect company-wide. But, in the long run I do think it would be a mistake to downplay Combustion's importance in film and TV production. There's no telling how many films would have not produced quality effects had they not been able to afford Flame and Combustion wasn't around to choose from.

Then again, people are almost always squeeling about the demise of Combustion like a preacher on a street corner quoting Revelations. Still, no Armageddon.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]