Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Re: Combustion future, rumors etc.

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron LindeboomRe: Combustion future, rumors etc.
by on Mar 9, 2007 at 3:29:51 pm

Encore DVD has NEVER been on a Mac before, nor has Premiere Pro. They are indeed new to the Mac and, as such, they have stuck their necks out -- doing so well in advance of a 90 day period.

Companies stick their necks out all the time, Eric. The fact that Autodesk does not is their way and arguing that all these companies are the same, and act the same, is purely preposterous.

In fairness, none are sainted and each have killed products along the way. Apple is the worst offender in this regard and I have owned MANY tools that cost me a fortune over the years that died an ugly death at the hands of Apple corporate decision-making. Adobe has killed a few of its own tools along the way.

But all of these things considered, Autodesk seems to have little concern for public opinion -- while both Apple and Adobe feed on it -- and that is okay when your stock values are up. But one day, the worm turns and then you wish that you had more loyalty in the customer base -- and a broader one at that.

Just my opinion,

Ron Lindeboom

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]