Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AUTODESK COMBUSTION:Autodesk Combustion ForumAutodesk Combustion TutorialsAutodesk CombustionAutodesk

Re: I want my life back!

COW Forums : Autodesk Combustion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brett HoweRe: I want my life back!
by on Oct 10, 2005 at 1:22:59 am

I can't see any benifit in that. The comp has very few effects. Just motion animation, one transition (on multiple layers, a coup[le of masks and some transfer modes. I'm not using any "Hungry" effects or anything....it's simply a case of multiple Comps nested. I suppose I could re-create it with less nesting (which would make the update process more complicated) using parenting and the like, but I still can't see it getting anywhere near the AE render time.

As for mess, there is none! Just because the file is used alot, does not equate to an inefficency in the comp. This project is as lean as it can get while reatining a simple format to update. To update, a single still image is replaced....and multiple layer visabilities and maskes are turned on or off to create the finished job.

As for the Price point not driving the development process...when we first purchased C*, we negotiated a special deal....at $3000 AU for each copy (3), the retail was up around $6000 AU at the time. Let's not get into the whole $$ v benefits thing. The market drives price, and quality and reputation drives the market.

I just want more render speed. Simple. We all do. One day it will be realtime...haaha...HD...haaaa...HD-2050 (30,000 pixels x 17,000 pixels) HAaaaaaaaa cough splutter choke!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]