Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Version 2 and HD Captions

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jeff cronenbergRe: Version 2 and HD Captions
by on Aug 16, 2010 at 1:45:00 pm

I am monitoring captions on the Sony PVM-L2300 monitor with the BVM244CC option. It definitely decodes 708 and 608 captions correctly. I can patch the deck directly to one channel of the monitor to just check captions from a tape, the other channel is looking at the output of the Matrox. With Version 1.6 of the Matrox software everything worked as expected.

Trying to think of any other variables... I'm using ProRes422, I have the MXO2 rack with MAX, Version 7.0.2 of FCP; Snow Leopard; I have double checked that I am capturing and playing back dual mono on tracks 15 and 16, track 16 is indeed routed to channel 16 out, I have discreet channels selected, I captured with Genlock off...

The thing that is driving me nuts is what I was unsuccessfully trying to describe in my first post. I will capture a clip. While capturing, I can see the captions. after captioning it will not show the captions, however I can see a strong signal on track 16. I create a new sequence, edit the clip into the new sequence. It does not show the captions. Then, with the sequence parked, I can go to the viewer, select track 16 (or any audio track as it turns out) and hit play on the viewer, and captions will be shown from the clip over the parked image from the sequence.

I am currently re-installing the version 2 Matrox software, just because.

argh.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]