Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Version 2 and HD Captions

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jeff cronenbergVersion 2 and HD Captions
by on Aug 11, 2010 at 1:39:38 pm

I am unable to make the version 2 software work with HD 708 captions. I have never gotten the track 16 versions to work, even though the older (ver 1.6) track 8 versions work. I believe I have all of my settings correct, although maybe I'm missing something. As per the manual, I have enabled 16 tracks of audio, I have the outputs of tracks 15 and 16 set to dual mono, I have discreet channels set on audio outputs, in the matrox preferences I have preserve Vanc,retrieve Vanc and embed in SDI all checked, I have turned off genlock while capturing. I can see that there is information being recorded on track 16, and in fact when I open track 16 in the viewer and play it, captions appear in the canvas over the parked video from the sequence.
I have been able to successfully and reliably use version 1.6 which puts the captioning info on track 8, I was hoping that version 2 and Snow Leopard would allow me to use the track 16 captioning method.

I will be down-revving to vers 1.6 unless I can find an answer.
Thanks for any input.
--Jeff C.

(FCP7, 10.6.4, MXO2 Rack with Max, ProRes422 1080i 59.94)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]