Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: MXO2 Workflow Help...New Owner!

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy MeesRe: MXO2 Workflow Help...New Owner!
by on May 15, 2009 at 8:57:09 am

Hi Tony

You've grabbed yourself a very nice HD/SD I/O box in the MXO2, so congrats on the purchase. You need to understand though that the basic MXO2 is only an I/O box and having one hooked up offers no additional advantage to other video processing tasks.

As with most I/O interfaces, card or box, the MXO2 provides your edit system with the connections you need for capture and playback of a multitude of professional and not so professional video and audio sources. The MXO2 offers Composite, Component, SD/HD SDI and HDMI video spigots, plus XLR, AES/EBU and RCA audio connectors. Once the video is passed to/or from its host tho, the box has no further impact, so if you have already ingested your footage in a variety of formats the option of using the MXO2 as a conduit for capturing the footage to a single standard codec has already passed. In this case you can use Compressor or similar software, as already advised, to batch convert your footage ... but sadly, in doing so, you can't leverage the MXO2's hardware scaling, deinterlacing and color space conversions. Thats just not the way these things work.

Best
Andy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]