Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: MXO2 and Samsung monitors

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Archie CruzRe: MXO2 and Samsung monitors
by on Dec 13, 2008 at 5:38:29 am

Well. Newbie member here. I've read this thread with bemusement. For reference, I'm reviewing the MX02 and have many of the same questions regarding a 'compliant' monitor. I asked Matrox for a response and have received none. One of the chief mysteries revolved around rumors that it would drive an Apple Cinema Display (As does the MXO). I'll find out tomorrow. Next is that Matrox doesn't offer any feedback with regard to the usefulness of the MX02 in accurately calibrating a computer monitor for color grading purposes. In other words, There's calibration using visual or even colorimetric 'tools' to deliver a theoretically Broadcast compliant chart but that may or may not ( as a result of gamma considerations) mean a broadcast compliant calibration.
To simplify, I suspect that:
- You can calibrate a computer monitor of the correct resolution - 1920x1080 and possessing the proper input HDMI/HDSDI but that may not meet the stricter requirements of Broadcast if the monitor cannot achieve a native gamma of 2.2
- Something like this will definitely be enough for color grading.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/features.jsp?model_id=MDL101798
Keep in mind that color grading really refers to syncing video color to a baseline standard and THEN, adjusting it according to artistic intent IF that is the desire. Otherwise, the baseline is always a strict standard of color balance (through correction) plus Gamma.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]