Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Codecs for systems without axio hardware (both HD and SD)?

COW Forums : Matrox Video Systems

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan GrevattCodecs for systems without axio hardware (both HD and SD)?
by on Jul 12, 2006 at 1:37:19 pm

Are there matrox codecs out there that will render from a system without the axio hardware?

For HD work so far I've been rendering uncompressed HD using the Matrox Uncompressed (8 or 10 bit) HD codec, but that's eating up disk space at an alarming rate and I don't see an option for other codecs from the aftereffects render queue, other than the offline HD or the MPEG-2 I-frame codec(which won't render due to a directshow error).

For SD work I can see more options for rendering - the Matrox DV/DVCAM, Matrox DVCPRO50 and Matrox DVCPRO codecs all show up as options. Unfortunately none will render from this system (both DVCPRO codecs crash on the first frame of rendering due to, again, a directshow error and oddly the DV/DVCAM codec goes through the full render but creates an .avi with a size of 1k that won't play).

Fortunately for SD work I've been able to avoid rendering out uncompressed .avis by using the Matrox M-JPEG codec that we used for our digisuite LE systems, and that will be my workaround if there aren't any other options.

Has anybody had similar problems? Any suggestions? Am I stuck rendering out uncompressed HD or waiting until one of our Axio sytems is free to be able to render out manageable HD files? Is there another option for SD renders that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]