Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Setting up a new system

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cowcowcowcowcow
Micah McDowellRe: Setting up a new system
by on Sep 30, 2009 at 2:35:47 pm

Those motorized pan/tilt systems are a neat idea, but you'd need to try them out first. I was at a church a couple weeks ago that had three Sonys on Fujinon automated pan/tilt heads. They worked great most of the time, but if the speaker started moving quickly on stage they couldn't always keep up smoothly. I can't imagine that those little Panasonics are the greatest quality for $8K either.

Jake, it looks like you need to balance some of your needs with your budget...

If you NEED HD and NEED live streaming ability, it's probably not going to happen on your budget.

If you NEED the streaming but can live on SD, just get the Tricaster setup, it'll do fine.

If you NEED HD but can live with editing the show together after the fact (so nothing truly "live"), I'd go with something like what Bob Zelin suggested earlier. Get some Panny HVX200s or Sony EX3s as the budget allows, iso record to cameras, and put together a nice edit system with the Mac you already have. The finished show will look better than the other options and you'll be within budget.

Before you blow any money though, you should find some professionals in your area to help you put this all together... you can't learn everything from a free web forum, even if it is the COW.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]