Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Can I shoot 60i for worldwide HD and SD video release?

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Zdenicka NovotnaCan I shoot 60i for worldwide HD and SD video release?
by on Jun 27, 2009 at 8:34:57 pm

My camera shoots 1080/60i, not 50i.

I need to shoot HD video that will be used in different countries. Can I shoot in 60i and then have it converted to 50i? Do I need to have a DVD or a BluRay 60i release converted at all? I understand than in Asia DVD players take 60i and so do LCD/plazma TV's. I know that in Europe practically all VHS recorders played NTSC 4.3, not 3.58. I believe that it was to allow playing US produced tapes on PAL TV's w/o conversion to PAL. So is it OK to shoot 1080/60i and do not convert the speed for worldwide release, maybe just change something else, not the base speed of 30 fps? I don't know what would have to be changed. Could someone enlighten me? Also new DSLR cameras that shoot video, usually shoot 30p, which is great for Internet and probably can be played on DVD / BluRay worldwide. Am I right? I also understand that 60i is good because you can convert to 60p for 720/60p, plus you can create 120i or 60p (please correct me; I don't know, which one is right) for 2x slow motion or just use the 60p for slow motion on 30p. Do you know if the camera can also do fast motion, or does it have to be done in post?

Can 60i be used on digital projectors in theters with digital projection? I know that both Christie and Sony projectors are used in theaters. Does anyone know which formats they accept?

Which formats do festivals accept?

I'd really appreciate a reply. I asked in another forum and no one answered me.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]