Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Drives for HD edit

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: Drives for HD edit
by on Sep 11, 2008 at 12:04:02 am

Dear Mr. Schneiger,

this is the alternate to my rude, unprofessional response. May I suggest that you go to a local dealer. This is what will happen, unless you are very lucky. You will state your requirements, and your local dealer will politely ask "and what is the budget that you might be working with ?". And they will sell you ANY PIECE OF CRAP that they can sell you, because they are not interested in you - they are interested in their sale - and whether it works or not, whether you get what you wanted or not, they get their money. So you want advice from PROFESSIONALS that do this every day (working in HD) - we are giving you FREE ADVICE, and we don't sell anything - we just want to give you ACCURATE INFORMATION so that you DO NOT get screwed. But this is not acceptable to you - you want us to be nice and polite and say "dear Bob, you should really rethink your decision, because you may not succeed if you only consider one internal SATA drive for your computer - perhaps you should consider this and that" - WELL I DONT TALK THIS WAY. I am trying to give you ACCURATE DETAILED INFORMATION of what will work. If you simply look to the left and right of you - right now - you will see banner ads from companies like G-Tech, Cal Digit, Sonnet Technology, Dulce Systems, Maxx Digital, Fibernetics, and others - ALL who may wonderful drive arrays for working with HD video. But this is not acceptable to you. You want to find the CHEAPEST WAY OUT - and the cheapest way out is STILL not cheap enough for you (because a single modern internal SATA from Hitachi or Seagate will do about 70mb/sec, so you can do DVCProHD and ProRes422HQ on these). Well, what do you expect. Everyone on this forum has spent a FORTUNE on expensive HD gear, and every sponsor of Creative Cow is spending a fortune to advertise here - to show you the latest, most state of the art hi end drive arrays, that will absolutely allow you to do Hi Def Editing for HI END HD WORK.

So Bob, I apologize to you - you go off to your nice local video dealer, who will sell you any damn thing you want, and will be extra polite and nice to you. All I can say it, I hope it works, for your sake.

bob zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]