Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Advice on Capturing in HD (warning: lots of questions!)

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

director.lionelRe: Advice on Capturing in HD (warning: lots of questions!)
by on Jul 21, 2007 at 11:10:08 pm

Apparently, no one is listening to me and seeing clearly my predicament. Maybe I should say it again. *I now have ALREADY purchased the equipment and used up the funds.* Mostly likely I made a bad mistake based on poor/inadequate advice and execution by those I've depended on. Perhaps that will make some of those on this forum happier now that I've admitted this. *I do not have the $$$ to go to a post house* (Somehow this seems to be lost to some.) Since I bought the equipment and storage space ALREADY, why not try to make a go of it? That is now my only hope. I would have used SD had our first attempt after capturing not yielded the really bad artifacts. This I believe is the "traditional," "usual," "customary" way. In other words, we already tried the down-conversion offline way. For some reason, it didn't work, maybe because we did it wrong. (We used the Xena HS and HD10MD3 to do the conversion.) I wasn't sure what else to do, since the person that was helping me, I realized too late, was mostly as clueless as I was though he tried to give the impression that he was in the know. So now I'm paying for it. What exasperates me is why few here will try to help me where I am, rather than scolding me for not going where they thought I should have been, which I can not get to based on the fact that I have ALREADY used up my $$$ and have already taken a turn down my current path. Sure I can go back to trying to down-convert. But how do I know for sure if I try all the different advice here that it will work? I probably would end up asking just the same kinds of mundane questions trying to set it up as I have with the HD. Why not try HD now that I'm already set up for it, and if it doesn't work, try something else? I have read in videomags where HD editing is possible, and tried in general to follow the advice. However, it's the nitty gritty details and choices in the set up that aren't mentioned. That's what I'm trying to find out.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]