Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Which NLE/compositor to go for?...

COW Forums : HD High-End

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jimmybee500Re: Which NLE/compositor to go for?...
by on Dec 28, 2006 at 2:29:51 pm

Hi Syd/Mody,

Yes - Mistika, or Jaleo (?) is something our MD looked at a little while ago...it looks very capable, but like you say - it's not very well known and some (the majority of the sheep-like) clients fear the unknown and we've got enough on our plate without having to convince people our new system really does cut it..and the other thing is the fact it is a small company and the worry that they may go bust and all support is lost does play a factor. I know, it's a catch 22 - people need to give them a chance so they can grow and become stronger, but then in these cut-throat times no one wants to take the risk..including us I'm afraid. Out of interest - how well does it play with FCP/Avids, etc compared other high-end finishers?

Syd - that's an interesting point you've brought up, something I would be asking the company who suggested our facility overhaul configuration (A Mac/software + Smoke + FCP + XSAN/RAID setup) The whole point of all my questions is to try to help decide on a whole workflow that plays nice together.

Tell me - have you any experience with the Smoke 2007 HD? Apparently its got some fairly hefty integration improvements...especially with XML. Any thoughts?

*Production Studio Premium / *Combustion 3
-------------------------------------
Win XP Pro SP2 / Intel P4 3GHz / 2GB RAM / GeForce FX5200 / DeckLink Pro / Sony BVM-20G1E / DVS SDI Clipstation / 110GB boot/80GB media/600GB RAID-0

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]