Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Recommendation for Video card / device / computer for High Quality Stream

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt CatalanoRecommendation for Video card / device / computer for High Quality Stream
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 4:12:24 am

I am currently using the ATEM TVS via the USB program output into Livestream's Procaster software. We are running full HD into the system on all 6 camera angles.

Everything works great except for the level of quality that I can get to using my Macbook Pro 2010 (2.7 GHz i7, 8GB RAM). If I try to stream at a certain quality level (or the multi-stream option for mobile) the CPU maxes out and Livestream quits.

My question is, does anyone know of a better computer configuration and/or dedicated video capture / scaling device that I can put between the ATEM and my Macbook Pro to take care of all the video downscaling?

I'm sure a Mac Pro tower would fix it with certain processor upgrades and a good video card but is there anything more economical to boost the processing to work with the Macbook?

Do you think the Blackmagic H.264 PRO Recorder may help which would take the SDI program output from the TVS and go into the computer again using USB 2.0?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

Matt

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]