Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

new Blackmagic products I would like to see

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelinnew Blackmagic products I would like to see
by on Aug 16, 2012 at 3:53:43 am

Hi -
first, I too want my new Blackmagic products, like the Teranex, and Camera. So no matter what I suggest here, even if Blackmagic said "yes - we will do it" - I know that I would not see it until 2014.

With that said -

1) analog DA card for OpenGear chassis and miniconverter.
It's kind of hard to distribute Black without an analog DA. I know that genlock is becomming less important - but it is still needed. These days, I buy Kramer analog video DA's for this purpose.

2) HD-SDI / SD-SDI test pattern generator (in card and miniconverter form). When you install a router (which I do with the Videohub series in countless installations) - you really need a bar generator for testing. You make the Sync Generator, you make the router, you make the Ultrascope - you need to make a test pattern gen with HD-SDI pattern on it (and you can put NTSC/PAL black on the same box !).

3) I just put in my first ATEM 2M/E today. The audio mixer is nice, but how will I really use it without a control surface. Mix 16 channels with a mouse ? A control surface with USB or Ethernet interface is critical to make this practical.

4) A tally kit, to use with ATEM Tally and GPI box - LED lights in a box with connectors, and a power supply, with an easy mate 25pin connector to the Tally and GPI box

5) more monitors. The existing SmartView series is great. How about a 24" monitor. How about a single 8" monitor.

6) a real 2 channel intercom system. I just priced out a bare bones 10 station Clear Com system with 2 IFB and it is $10,000 !!! So now, between Blackmagic and Behringer, I can build a wonderful inexpensive control room, and the intercom costs more than everything combined. And no, an iPhone earpiece will not cut it.

7) a multi slot chassis, that I can purchase DIRECTY from Blackmagic, and not from Ross (opengear).

OK, that's enough. Nothing here is earth shaking, like DaVinci, or ATEM, or the camera - it's all easy, but all really important.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]