Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: ATEM 1 M/E — Upconvert SD Input 1?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James HoodRe: ATEM 1 M/E — Upconvert SD Input 1?
by on Aug 2, 2012 at 1:12:31 am

Good to know. At the moment, my plan is to move forward with an SD rollout. If we keep it SD, we don't need any scalers so there's no extra cost (or loss) to make a quick stop at SD on our way to HD. During the installation, I'll put the switcher in an HD mode take a look at how HD computer graphics look through the center-cut SD output on our FOH projector. That projector does have a component input well, so that would be a nice way to improve quality when we wind up running in HD.

The only thing stopping me from whole-heartedly going straight to HD is concern about how overlays would be handled through the center-cut output. I'm assuming that, for example, if we had the speaker's name appear in the lower-left corner it would be mostly cut off on our FOH projector since it's only showing the center. An option would be to letterbox the down-converted output, but I'm not comfortable committing to that until I've seen it.

Thank you all for your input! (And if you have further input, I certainly welcome it.)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]