Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

WHAT is actually going on with Decklink/Premiere??

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan TurnerWHAT is actually going on with Decklink/Premiere??
by on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:30:20 am

I've posted numerous times in both forums about different issues, been on the phone with BMD support, and email, and STILL over a year later do not have a workable system for these 2 products.

Previously (CS5/CS5.5) I was having issues with BMD timelines not working at all. Now I'm on CS6, and finally got playback, but endless audio issues (playback/sync etc).

I've updated to all the latest drivers every time they get released HOPING it will fix the issues enough to be workable, but no joy.

Previous to the latest Desktop Cinema version I was having sync problems; variable audio delay, no playback etc. But I was getting picture.

I just updated, and now I have lost 720P playback completely, and the audio sync is worse. I now get audio glitches all over the place, inconsistent playback, and frequently have to restart the whole machine to even get sound. If I do get it, 9 times out of 10 it's not in sync, sometimes by a second or so!

Now, this is just not good in any way. Can someone from BMD let me know if this is Adobe not playing ball, or a problem from your end? Over a year and no working reliable video/audio playback is not what I need for clients. Embarrassingly I have to switch to internal playback if anyone sits in because I just can't explain why I'm restarting and having such school-boy issues.

I need a working solution, which will probably mean another card, which makes me pretty unhappy as we're a small company and can't carry that kind of disposable expenditure.

Apologies for a rant, it's too long seeing people posting the same issues, and promises of it coming out in the wash next revision, but still no change. Hopefully people know it's not just them having these problems.

My system is below:

Mac Pro 5,1
26GB RAM
BMD Decklink HD Extreme 3D
Destop Video 9.5.2
Premiere CS6
BMD Audio/Video Output (XLR/HD-SDI)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread: