Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Will "Intensity Pro Shuttle USB 3.0" answer my need?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim ArcoRe: Will "Intensity Pro Shuttle USB 3.0" answer my need?
by on May 4, 2012 at 2:40:00 am

"...a fuss to make it work?" Yes! I got so frustrated, I was about to send it back (Actually I was about the throw it out the window and run over it with the lawnmower.) From another forum, I learned that rolling back to an earlier version of the software sometimes solved the problem. I was able to eventually get it working. And I eventually got it to work with Photoshop.
In fairness, I did not have the 'recommended' USB3 card. I assumed USB was USB, but B-M needs to work with a specific chipset. Additionally, I was in a hurry and was looking for a low-cost plug-and-play solution to get analog video INto my PC.

I have heard of folks taking the Shuttle out of the box, plugging it in, loading software, and it worked the first time. If you have the correct motherboard and USB chipsets, maybe it will be the same for you. In my case, the video you see on the monitor connected to the Shuttle is out-of-sync with the audio from the PC. If you use the Shuttle to monitor audio, audio/video sync is correct.

One of the first video capture cards I bought (early 90s) was made by Pinnacle and it captured huge files using MotionJPEG codec. It took me over three weeks to get it to work. I've probably had 8 or 10 other capture cards/boxes since that time and NONE of them were ever plug-and-play. I had heard such good things about the Shuttle that I guess my expectations exceeded the reality.

Jim

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]