Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: I can only dream

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike SquiresRe: I can only dream
by on Feb 15, 2012 at 6:43:00 pm

-Add macros to the ATEM line (ie, on the TVS, the ability to change the upstream key graphic to something else in the media pool when switching cameras. I know you can do this with 2 upstream M/Es, but it should be possible to do this with the TVS via macros. We can currently do this will our Echolab switcher, and it only has 1 upstream M/E)

-Use embedded audio on the HDMI inputs (obviously 2-channel PCM only)

-The H.264 encoder needs some work, it adds way too much noise to the video, even at 20Mbps. I get much better results with 8Mbps H.264 in Premiere Pro, and that encodes in faster than real-time.

-Add streaming to the H.264 encoder

-Allow interlaced output in the H.264 encoder (it currently adds a lot of stair-stepping when it deinterlaces the video)

Besides the embedded audio over HDMI, I bet the other three requests could be done via a firmware update, possibly even the HDMI request.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]