Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Decklink Studio, Mixer, Y cable?? PLEASE..

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony IencoRe: Decklink Studio, Mixer, Y cable?? PLEASE..
by on Dec 14, 2011 at 1:16:13 am

Well Bob all I can say is everything I try confuses the Hell out of me even further...I am really grateful for all your experienced, educated information and advice...
If I could take a little more of your time to explain my further confusion even further, and whether after all this I MAY? have a faulty Decklink? I firstly plugged in the amp and some UNpowered speakers of course.

1. First thing that happened. Left Channel DEAD Or One channel Dead?? This has been happening a bit from time to time even after trying different TRS cables...I only had Channel ONE and Two out of the Declink into Channel One And Two of the mixer.
2. Unplugged DEAD Channel, and I was getting sound from BOTH speakers???? Panned Left to Right Both working.. Declink Channel ONE only into Mixer Mono TRS channel One ONLY.. Yet sound from both speakers? Is this Normal???
3.Plugged the DEAD Channel Back in, now working... Got the little NEW Peavy 6 Channel Mixer out and tried that. All worked so far.
4. Plugged Channel 3 and 4 out of the Decklink into 3 and 4 into 3 and 3 on the Peavey Mixer and both sets worked fine.. Only tried One set at a time. So Chan1 and 2, then 3 and 4 but no distortion at all.
5.Plugged everything back into the yamaha INCLUDING channel 3 and 4, Which have never worked in the yamaha mind you, and EVERYTHING worked for the first time.. Again only 1 and 2 at one time then 3 and 4, but this has been the way I have tested all along. Thought I would try to get two channels at each time before moving to 4.? Went back to the original configuration and there was the distortion all over again on Channels 3 and 4 of the mixer.

I am LOST.. ? Never had an issue this Bazar, and I have seen some Bazar issues.. I used to work as a computer tech, Microsoft Certified and come across my share of weird things. Not audio related of course?

DO YOU have any idea of what the Hell is going on here. I have tried everything I can think of now, short of pulling the Decklink out and re-setting it. unfortunately I don't have a spare PCIe Slot. But I have tried removing the large connector on the back and putting it back in making sure it was firmly in and tightened.

Tony

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]