Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

ATEM 1 vs ATEM TVS....input needed

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott FrancisATEM 1 vs ATEM TVS....input needed
by on Oct 16, 2011 at 2:55:18 am

Ok guys,

So I bought the ATEM TVS without realizing that the audio is NOT included in the switching unless it is input-ed via AES/EBU. This is a real pain. I also have seen some other shortcomings as well vs the ATEM 1 ME.
I am considering returning the TVS and getting the 1ME, BUT before I do and spend over double what I had intended, I need to know the following:
1) Are the analog input cables provided for the unit? (I see they are a non-standard input).
2) Is the component out switchable? Can you select your format as well for this, 1080p down to 480i/p? Or is this only the same as the input format like the HDMI/HD-SDI format? Can you output s-video from this as well?
3) Is the composite output active all the time, even when other outputs (both HDMI and Component) are used?
4) Does the analog input need to match the other input formats, or does the unit convert it to match? (As if I am using all 1080i cams via HDMI and HD/SDI and an s-video signal from a laptop or DVD player at a different resolution/format)
My concern is that I can have a backup and record out to DVD recorder for backup AND a reference copy. Also, if I need to have several outputs that can be used in case of a venue only supporting a limited amount of formats.
If so, the additional cost will be reasonable, vs buying all the additional converters to make the ATEM TVS workable....
I am amazed at how some of the BM products require so many other outside things to be an actual good buy.
Thanks for all the input in advance!
Regards

Scott Francis
Mind's Eye Audio/Video Productions

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy