Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

So then, is there really an alternative to FCP after FCP X

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil SadwelkarSo then, is there really an alternative to FCP after FCP X
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:10:39 am

I'm asking this on a Blackmagic forum because the FCP and FCP X forum has worn this topic thin. I'm finding out from the point of view of someone who uses FCP with a Blackmagic card and needs the card for video monitoring, tape capture and output, or maybe live video playout.

After FCP X, which I don't want to knock as an editing software, but as a software that (still) does not support a capture card.

So, for anyone who gave up on FCP and switched to Adobe Premiere on a Mac with a Blackmagic card sitting in it...

How is Premiere 5.5.1 as a replacement for FCP 7? Surely it won't do everything that FCP does, and definitely does some things that FCP cannot do. But overall, is it business as usual? Has it helped you get back to, or stay in, business. Do your clients ask? Or Care what software is used to cut their movies. Are you taking more or less time editing a movie, docu or short, with Premiere?

I don't mind if this post has not one single response, because that is also a valid (and helpful) response.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS