Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: AJA HD10C2 to a JVC dvi monitor - what will I loose?

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: AJA HD10C2 to a JVC dvi monitor - what will I loose?
by on Jul 30, 2008 at 1:31:21 am

Dylan,
I may be angry, but I am no fool. 2K and 4K workflow will continue to develop, so that ANYONE can do it, with no knowlege, no workflow issues, and almost no equipment. And Blackmagic is VERY AWARE OF THIS, and will probably be on the forefront of the development of products for this type of market. Just look at the success of so many of their products. When idiots like me said "you have to buy an HD monitor", Blackmagic came out with the original HDLink. Now they have the HDLink Pro. And innovative products like the Decklink Line that can handle 3G HD-SDI just keep making it easier and easier for the "entry level" people (pushing out the elitist pros that are trying to make a living). So I do not question that there will be a "cheapo" 2K and 4K editing solution in the near future. I just don't like it ! Remember, RED's current workflow and aggrivation is just DAY 1 of 4K workflow. Soon (sooner than we think), these files will work seamlessly in FCP, no different than RED files work right now in Assimilate Scratch. And who knows, maybe NAB2009 or NAB2010 will show a Blackmagic Decklink 2K card for $895. And along with your HDLink Pro, you are doing everything this guy wants.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]