Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: wrong component output colour on multibridge extreme

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gene ColburnRe: wrong component output colour on multibridge extreme
by on Jun 8, 2006 at 12:52:54 pm

Michael
I would be interested in knowing how the footage looks if you export back to Digibeta using SDI and then looking again at the digibeta component out on the JVC. You may have already tried it and I did not gleen that. It is possible that MBe is the culprit. But it could also be something as simple as a leaky cap in the input circuit of the JVC that is throwing off DC offset bias of the decklink. The Digibeta may be a little more forgiving of this by the nature of its output circuitry design. I am trying to keep this as simple as possible, but all component analog paths are calibrated with no measurable DC on the path. There are usually trim pots on some gear to set this. In the MBe it could also be that some production component is slightly off in value that has the same effect.

The bottom line is that a very slight DC offset on any channel is observable in the blacks, and can throw the calibration of many monitors off. I know that it's annoying, but you can look at any two CRT monitors, fed by the same signal, and they will never absolutely look identical for the same reasons. It just may be one of those situations where you need to bring a service tech with adequate test equipment to sort this out.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]