Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Vegas 6 and Decklink working great!

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: Vegas 6 and Decklink working great!
by on Apr 25, 2005 at 8:08:45 pm

BJ: We agree much more than we disagree and nothing like my NLE is bigger than yours. I only jumped on a Vegas thread because something I saw as inaccurate (or mostly inaccurate) was said about FCP. While FCP does support 10 bit output and the higher space for internal processing, I would never think of it as a direct to film effects tool. For starters, it doesn't do DPX or OpenEXR. Not to mention Its' scaling algoriths were quite poor, which is a bigger issue than color space (apparently FCP 5 changes that, which is the good thing about Apple - every time they do something poorly and users complain, tbey don't stop until they get the best of the best in that particular area).

The jump in FCP to true 10 bit output was when Apple released their own 10 bit UC codec, which is the one favored by Decklink and AJA nowadays for FCP work.

10 bit YUV is amazing for broadcast and HDCAM level post. Of course manipulating fim in digital form or 4:4:4 HDCAM SR is 95 per cent of the time a compositing/effects thing, not an editing one. So it makes sense that compositing apps offer higher levels of processing and output.

All the best

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
http://www.adolforozenfeld.com
adolfo@adolforozenfeld.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter