Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Question for Jan Crittenden Livingston re: new Panasonic AG-AC160 upgrade to AC160A

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen CryeQuestion for Jan Crittenden Livingston re: new Panasonic AG-AC160 upgrade to AC160A
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 5:27:33 pm

Hi;

Jan, the genuinely fine people at Panny Pro support are not sure of the answer to the questions below. I have purchased an AG-AC160 which will arrive next week. I would really like to keep it and pay to upgrade it to AC160A level (instead of sending it back to B&H for a refund and waiting to buy a "true" AC160A at a possibly higher price), but I'm worried.

Assuming that I keep the cam and then send it in and pay for the upgrade, will there be any lack of features in my upgraded AC160 and the "true" AC160A? I would hate to find out down the road that there is some subtle difference. For example, is it possible that future firmware upgrades might only work with a "true" AC160A?

My second fear is that the new "true" AC160A will have a better viewfinder eyepiece that provides more magnification for the EVT. I'm sure you are aware of the complaints, people trying DIY fixes such as sticking reading glass lenses in the eye-cup, etc. Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!

Steve

Win7 Pro X64 on Dell T3400, MultiTB SATA, 8GB RAM Vegas 10e (and 11) x64 DVDA 5.2(build 133) Sony HDR-CX550V

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]