Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Re: SDXC cards FCP6

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave HaynieRe: SDXC cards FCP6
by on Mar 8, 2011 at 5:29:04 am

It should just be an OS thing... either your OS had a driver that supports SDXC or it doesn't.

FCP or any other application is working at a higher level.. it shouldn't care if the card has FAT32, exFAT, HPFS+, ext4, or NTFS as long as the driver's there to support it. Assuming FCP works with SDHC, there's virtually no chance it would fail with SDXC, if the OS otherwise supports SDXC.

Should be easy to check, anyway. I'm not a Mac user, but I assume that the OS normally auto-mounts a memory card when you put it in the slot, and there's a way to get the Mac Finder looking at that memory card. When you can examine the exFAT card this way, but can't see it in FCP6, that's the time to start thinking the problem is in FCP6. Otherwise, I would make sure I had all of the very latest OS updates. As that link I posted suggests, it seems kind of random whether SDXC is supported on any given Mac. But definitely not on older versions of the OS.

-Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]