Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Re: Video Light Suggestions

COW Forums : Panasonic AF100, DVX100, HMC150

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Guy McLoughlinRe: Video Light Suggestions
by on Nov 5, 2010 at 12:58:07 am

>>>You must be kidding!!! You can't touch the damn thing if its on for more than 3 minutes.

This is why people who do professional lighting invest in a pair of leather gloves so they can work with hot lights.

>>>I am not saying they are useless but they are better used in a fixed setup.

This is how most of the the NON ENG video world lights when they shoot, with either tungsten lights, HMI lights, florescent lights, or LED lights.

- Tungsten are the least expensive, but get very hot, and are weak lights when gelled to a daylight balance.

- HMI lights cost as much as a professional video camera, get quite hot, but are super bright and are usually balanced for daylight.

- Florescent lights are fairly low cost, but they are big and bulky and quite fragile. They can be either daylight or tungsten balanced.

- LED lights are very compact, very sturdy, but can be quite expensive compared to tungsten or florescent lights. A 1000 watt equivalent LED light can easily cost $1,000 - $2,000 for ONE light.

>>>Its not all that easy. I have seen some experienced people struggle having an even spread of light. And you loose half of your light in doing so!

Anyone who knows lighting should be able to evenly light pretty much any subject in minutes. I was trained by working in an professional studio in England for 2 years, and can pretty much light anything in my sleep.

It doesn't matter how bright the light is, if what you want is an evenly lit environment.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]