Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC AG-DVX:Panasonic AG-DVX ForumPanasonic HVX - HPXPanasonic Varicam

Re: What would you buy?

COW Forums : Panasonic GH Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

FroschRe: What would you buy?
by on Oct 28, 2005 at 5:22:18 pm

I just got mine, haven't had too much chance to test it, but first impressions are fantastic. One strong standout is 2 XLR inputs, you don't see that on a lot of mini dv cams in that price range.
You said budget of $4500. You can get one for less than 3 grand with the rebate if you buy it before November. (not putting pressure on you or anything!) Use the other $$ for gear or whatever.

One major drawback is the DVX's short focal length. I think I'm gonna need a telephoto adapter. But it has a good wide angle.

The 24 P look is good. I'm still learning how to work with it. The documentary "Murderball" was shot primarily with the DVX 24p advanced. (some shot with PD150) From what I saw, the DVX footage outshines the PD150. If you were buying the camera to make a movie, that's something to consider.

I say wait for the big companies to iron out their HDTV prosumer cams, go with the DVX100a.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]