Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Adding camera to HDX-900 Setup, need advice!

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

Cory GadkeAdding camera to HDX-900 Setup, need advice!
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:05:19 pm

Hey all,

Ive been sent out by my boss to find a second camera for our production compay. Mainly for b-roll, but used as a second angle for interviews if needed. We currently own a Panasonic HDX-900, But are looking to get something more versatile. For example - I set up the interview, and all the lights with the 900. Then leave the director to interview, Knowing he only has to stop and start the camera, and occasionally check the monitor, Doing this to save time on location, or even send out another body to capture some easier shots.

I've been looking at the Panasonic AF100 with a few lenses. I am familiar with DSLR's as I do photograpy on the side, so this camera would be no problem for me to learn quickly.

I have done my research, But the reason I am posting is that I need some information to tell my boss. All he wants to know are the main differences between a camera like the HDX-900 (around $60,000 with lens and accessories) and the AF100 (around $10,000 - $12,000 with accessories).

Obvious Reasons are the lenses, Dynamic range, Low light capabilities and overall Ease of use while running and gunning.

So if anyone here has the knowledge of both camera's or the knowledge between two cameras of each calibur to kind of point out the main difference's just to reassure him before the purchase that would be great!

I am also posting this in the Panasonic Varicam forum,

Thanks in advance!

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Adding camera to HDX-900 Setup, need advice! by Cory Gadke on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:05:19 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]