Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Fire wire shoot

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

john sharafRe: Fire wire shoot
by on Oct 18, 2009 at 6:25:15 pm

Hi Ernie,

No flames, but I own both a 1200A and 1400 deck to accompany my four Varicams and have to say that they were both in profit before the cameras and have been a very valuable accessory for both backup recording, playback, making clones/downconverts and digitizing. It has always been my philosphy to have the deck to accompany each format as it allows great flexibility and another way to profit from each format. The only exception to this has been in HDCAM, where I don't have any decks to support my F900R's, but I don't seem to have suffered here as most HDCAM clients have their own playback decks.

With the new HD XDCAMs (PDW700/800) I have both the PDW-HD1500 deck (with SD and 24P options) and the PDW-U1 Reader/Writer and thisprovides a really inexpensive means to import the media and I can even "lend" the PDW-U1 to a client who would otherwise be reluctant to adopt the format, until they decide to adopt it and spend $2900 on their own.

JS

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]