Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Varicam vs. HDX900 - Business Perspective

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Erich RolandRe: Varicam vs. HDX900 - Business Perspective
by on Jan 15, 2009 at 11:11:03 pm

hey Jan, thanks for (quickly indeed) straightening out my misunderstanding on the HDX sensor. I heard early on the HDX's CCD chip had funny business going on behind the scenes but that must have been about the 720 lines issue. But This is true for the HVX and HPX-500 uprez'd SD sensor, no?

Chris, your right the HDX has killed the resale value of our Varicams, but for those who have an eye for a good picture the HDX has boosted the true value of the Varicam because its a better image, and now you can buy them so cheaply in the used market, great value!

I hear you on the "race to the bottom". Whoever was cleaver enough to design the Varicam must be gone from Panasonic because they are missing the boat these days, or the marketers have taken the helm. I've been Panasonic's biggest cheerleader the last 5 years or so, but I'm pissed about the new products. Oh well, other companies will be happy to step in as (I believe) Pany will loose market to those a bit hungrier to steal the position they have enjoyed with better innovation and most (if not all) contemporary features in ONE camera.

I took a hard look at the 2 new Varicam's and could not decide on which one would best suit our needs, so I would need both. Well which do you bring on a shoot.... same tough decision, bring 2 camera's everywhere? Guessing I'm not alone in this quandary. Sorry Pany, but this is a ridicules choice to have to make in this day and age!

best, Erich

Erich Roland
http://www.dc-camera.com
HD camera rentals, Washington DC

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy