Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Head Cleaning

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mariusz_NYCRe: Head Cleaning
by on Feb 27, 2007 at 2:20:30 am

I did not say that you should never clean it. Panasonic says heads drum should be cleaned every 500hrs drum running time but I think you can go past that depends how and where you use it.
I said that heads should be cleaned in authorized service center. If you break it cleaning it you will have to pay to replace it and void warranty. You are free to use cleaning tape but I would be careful how often you do it. Use it when you have blinking lights on the camera but not before every shoot :)
Sony has much more durable cylinder and heads. On the Varicam it is so much easier to break it. It is your choice. It maybe be just not worth it since you need to get that clening arm.
You can do it but you have to be very careful. I recommend using authorized service.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]