Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC VARICAM:Panasonic Varicam ForumPanasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Dark Compression updates...and a software request

COW Forums : Panasonic VariCam

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bruce Alan GreeneRe: Dark Compression updates...and a software request
by on Feb 3, 2006 at 4:53:34 am

Thanks Steve for the info on the dark compression mode.

I purchased a model H in November. Is there a software update for this model to keep the dark compression on when powering off?

And a wish list request: It seems that there is a way to load custom gamma curves in a Sony f-900 via special software through the memory stick.

I would desperately love to be able to do the same when shooting in the Film Rec mode. The idea is to be able to take advantage of as much dymanic range as needed, and maximize the use of the limited 8 bits by normalizing the Film Rec gamma in the camera for wysiwyg style recording. I have found that the Knee/Gamma/Black Stretch in the Video Rec mode is a not the ideal way of handling this.

What would be way cool would be to have a little software program that lets one choose the dynamic level setting and apply a custom curve (like an "s" curve) to the dynamic level selected. This could then be downloaded to an SD card and loaded into the camera as a scene file. Perhaps one could just draw the curve as one does in photoshop.

Of course a remote paint box that allows one to draw the curve on a little screen and see the effect on the image instantly would even better, but also a more expensive solution.

So waddya think?

-bruce

Varicam/Steadicam Owner
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.brucealangreene.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter