Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Call for Entries Legitimate?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Hal SloaneCall for Entries Legitimate?
by on Jul 1, 2005 at 2:22:59 pm

Greetings,

I couldn't really figure where to post this so I thought I'd try the corporate forum.

Each year I get mailers from so called awards/contests (you've seen them, Addy/Viddy/Telly/Davey). They are expensive to enter and expensive to accept. I've always suspected that they were really just a for profit venture in disguise. After a little research into one of them I discovered that the judging organization was not a true association of peers but a front for the contest itself. Their only events listed on the web site were the deadlines for contest entries. No meetings, no forums, nothing else.

My question is first, has anyone else had these same suspicions? Am I totally off-base?
Second, are there any legitimate contests juged by peers in the industry. Emmys aside, anything for non-broadcast? Anyone ever consider starting a contest through User Groups or even Creative Cow?

Thanks,

Hal

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]