Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
WEB:Web Design Forum- TutorialsDreamweaver Forum- TutorialsFlash Forum- TutorialsWeb Streaming

Re: Output processor recommendations

COW Forums : Web Streaming - Audio|Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike BrowningRe: Output processor recommendations
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 2:58:19 am

[EDIT: CRAIG... I have no idea why I kept calling you Chris. My eyes are getting bad! My apologies]

Let me clarify. We're not live streaming yet. We have no workflow, other than a way to ingest the signal. We are pursuing it, and currently in the research stage. We are currently only capturing direct to disk, then I clean it up, and we upload it to display it on our website on-demand. However, we don't want to stream without processing the video first to get the quality up to par.

My question was about recommendations for a processor (whether hardware or one that's part of software) to make the footage quality acceptable.

You're telling me that such capabilities are part of encoding software used to stream your video. That's a sufficient answer and really all I'm looking for. I wasn't aware of this, because like I said, we're researching what's available and haven't chosen a streaming service or bought software. However, I'm still asking for recommendations on what's best for these type of processing functions. Don't care whether it's encoding software or a rack mount unit or whatnot.

Hope that brings some clarity to my question. Thanks again!

Mike Browning

Mike Browning

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]