Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
WEB:Web Design Forum- TutorialsDreamweaver Forum- TutorialsFlash Forum- TutorialsWeb Streaming

Re: How Can I Broadcast My Own "QVC" Type Show Locally Over Cable & Satellite?

COW Forums : Web Streaming - Audio|Video

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

scott robinsonRe: How Can I Broadcast My Own "QVC" Type Show Locally Over Cable & Satellite?
by on Jun 26, 2010 at 8:08:55 pm

Thanks Daniel for responding!

I know it sounds absurd - but I'm trying to think outside the box. I want to develop a system of some type that would serve only this local area - about 1,500 homes. That's why I said maybe skip Satellite / Cable and somehow transmit data over RF, etc. directly to TV's in this area. Maybe they have to change their channel on their TV (from whatever setting it is set for Satellite or Cable) to receive program directly.

I was also reading about IPTV - it was interesting.

Or, if you think about it, some of these homes already have internet, so if there were a way to develop some kind of interface that could plug into modem/router and split-off to their TV they could receive programming that way. Buy the homes that do not have internet might be out of luck - dun no.

I know there has to be a "creative way" to do it - but it sounds so ridiculous and impossible the first thought is to say it can't be done. FCC rules also need to be looked into in terms of transmitting the program to the Local TV's.

Anyway, my first design will be a webcast using a good camera - it will be live. Customers can purchase items via phone or live customer chat feature. Will have a standard ecommerce website as well.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]