Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
CREATIVE COW:Feedback ForumAbout UsContact UsSupport Articles

Re: Thread subscription...

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael HancockRe: Thread subscription...
by on Sep 13, 2008 at 3:58:13 am

I totally understand that the traffic is important, and the more traffic you can drive to the site the better it is for the Cow, and definitely for the advertisers.

I guess I was looking for a way to "subscribe" to a thread and get email notifications that say "an answer has been posted to the thread 'thread subject line' you subscribed to", without seeing the actual post. That would drive me immediately to the site to read the thread. But that could also work against you--it may lead people to only come back reading when they see something has been posted! It would be easy to miss the other great threads you find by browsing.

Kind of a double edged sword, eh? And I'm sure the extra bandwidth/server costs would be huge. So I'd love to see it, but it makes sense why it wouldn't be implemented.

Thanks for responding. Now I need to go find 150 questions to answer to hit the 1,000 post mark!

Michael.

PS. About the number of advertisers on the site--I personally see it as a plus. We needed to buy stock footage the other day so I came straight to the Cow to see if a stock footage company was advertising here. If I see their ad here I know it's a legit company, and there's often a discount for clicking through!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]