Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
CREATIVE COW:Feedback ForumAbout UsContact UsSupport Articles

Re: The name game

COW Forums : Letters to the COW Team

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim WilsonRe: The name game
by on Dec 13, 2007 at 10:05:24 am

Your new user name will have the old screen name in parentheses, ensuring continuity and searchability of old posts.

Please don't worry about asking questions. Why else would other industry folks be here if THEY didn't have questions? They're sure not coming here to humiliate anyone ELSE asking questions.

Besides, here are some people who I can think of who come to Cow to get help:

--Many, many Emmy winners

--a winner of a best documentary award at Sundance (picked up for major studio distribution). Sean Fine even provided a blurb for us saying how crucial the Cow is for his work, even asking questions from Uganda while on location

--Two DPs for major films and TV series including Friday Night Lights, X-Files, the recent Tin Man mini-series for Sci-Fi, The Green Mile...Those would be Todd McMullen and Tom Burstyn, both of whom have written whole articles that included mention of the help they've gotten from the Cow

--The winner of a lifetime achievement award from the cinematographer's guild

--The creator of the Max Headroom ad campaign for Coca Cola, also created the original Saturn launch campaign among others, Arthur Vibert

--a director of the original Star Trek among scores of others (Alan J.Levy, another guy who's provided a blurb)

--one compositor who's worked on Stranger Than Fiction and the new Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium with Dustin Hoffman (Pete O'Connel);

--another compositor for Ray, Traffic and others (Steve Wright, yet ANOTHER public blurber describing how useful the Cow has been for him)

--The winner of a technology Oscar (Pete Litwinowicz)
--and the assistant director for half a dozen Oscar-winning features in a 43 film career so far (David McGiffert)

Now that I've written those, I'm thinking of many others...if you want, I can reel off some more...but you get the idea. ALL of those guys have identified themselves publicly, and have been quite specific about the help they've received.

Not to be a weenie, but I'm asking anyway: are your credits bigger than theirs?

None of THOSE guys are embarrassed to be seen in the Cow, so you shouldn't be either.

And again, nobody reads all of our up to **1000** daily posts looking for people to hassle. People come here for help.

They also come for the community that's been built here, and is fostered by real names. We'd actually seen a dramatically upward trend in real names, and so have followed their lead.

I hope that addresses your concerns. If not, please write me following the link below.

Regards,
Tim Wilson
Creative Cow

Tim Wilson, Creative Cow
My Cow Blog
Join my LinkedIn network

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS