Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Capture problem HELP!!

COW Forums : AJA Kona

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
AlexCapture problem HELP!!
by on Apr 14, 2003 at 4:57:58 pm

I installed the new Blackmagic drivers for the Kona card recently, and have not been able to get the system running normally ever since. I am pretty new to this, so maybe I did something wrong, but I followed all of the installation instructions very carefully (twice), trashed the prefs, etc. and there is still a problem.

Here is the problem, when I try to capture, the log and capture opens with a black screen saying "no video input", but the VTR is OK. I play the footage, and it runs fine on the external monitor. When I capture the clip, the first frame is captured in freeze-frame, and the sound runs fine. During capture, everything appears fine on the external monitor. Also, while I was testing, the capture now seemed to work fine, only the batch and clip capture don't seem to run as they should.

Here are my system specs:
Dual 800GHz Quicksilver, 640MB RAM, 4 x Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM IDE drives internally on Sonnet Tempo RAID133 PCI IDE adaptor, OS 10.2.4, Final Cut Pro 3.0.4, KONA SD, ATI Radeon 7000 for Mac, DaMax+ converting DV to SDI.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Return to posts index

Grant PettyRe: Capture problem HELP!!
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 6:52:09 am

Hi,

Sounds strange. Can you try capture to the internal disk, perhaps with JPEG? Capture problems are normally disk related, and doing some short captures to the internal disk is a good way to eliminate the disk array from the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Robbie_NevRe: Capture problem HELP!!
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 9:19:06 pm

it could be the ATA raid card that's the issue

they don't play too nice with OS X, particularly with bandwidth

have you tried capturing low res and uncompressed?

Return to posts index

Patrick InhoferRe: Capture problem HELP!!
by on Apr 16, 2003 at 4:32:49 pm

Also, while I was testing, the capture now seemed to work fine, only the batch and clip capture don't seem to run as they should.

You were doing "Capture Now"?

Sounds funky to me. It could be a hardware problem, but then I'd think even Capture Now wouldn't work.

Other things to try (besides completely reinstalling FCP):

Make sure you run Easy Setup when you change resolutions - otherwise you could miss a setting, resulting in unpredictable captures.

I'd also download the latest drivers off the BM website, uninstall the current drivers as detailed in the Read Me, and then install the new drivers.

--
Patrick Inhofer
editor, compositor, nice guy
applePi Editorial, nyc
Cow forum leader: Kona

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]