Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

DA-MAX Pro Question

COW Forums : AJA Kona

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Jason RodriguezDA-MAX Pro Question
by on Apr 14, 2003 at 12:57:08 pm

Hello,

Mr. McConathy wrote in a previous post that the new DA-MAX would be compatable with Avid Xpress Pro. While I know this is slightly OT, will the DA-MAX be able to input SDI uncompressed into Xpress Pro, or will any uncompressed signal need to be piped through the Y/C inputs of the Mojo first? It would be really cool if SDI into Xpress Pro were possible, especially since it seems limiting that the Mojo is only Y/C when it does record an uncompressed signal into the computer. So any information that I could get about this capability would be appreciated.

Jason Rodriguez

Return to posts index

Grant PettyRe: DA-MAX Pro Question
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 6:54:01 am

Hi,

The DA MAX is compatible with Express because it looks like a DV camera when plugged into the FireWire port. As for uncompressed, this is really a question to ask the ProMax guys. This is a Kona support forum, so not really the best place to ask this question, but emailing the guys at Pro Max should do the trick.

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Jason RodriguezRe: DA-MAX Pro Question (thanks! n/t)
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 12:39:06 pm

thanks!

Return to posts index

Charles F. McConathyRe: DA-MAX Pro Question
by on Apr 15, 2003 at 5:37:15 pm

[Jason Rodriguez] "Mr. McConathy wrote in a previous post that the new DA-MAX would be compatable with Avid Xpress Pro. While I know this is slightly OT, will the DA-MAX be able to input SDI uncompressed into Xpress Pro, or will any uncompressed signal need to be piped through the Y/C inputs of the Mojo first? It would be really cool if SDI into Xpress Pro were possible, especially since it seems limiting that the Mojo is only Y/C when it does record an uncompressed signal into the computer. So any information that I could get about this capability would be appreciated. "

Yes our new ProDigital Converter (Formerly DA-MAX Pro) will indeed allow you to import via SDI into FCP 3 or 4, Xpress DV or Xpress Pro. It will require FCP 4 or Xpress Pro for uncompressed across 1394.

If you would like a feature list please email me at mcconathy@promax.com.

thanks

Charles F. McConathy
http://www.promax.com

Return to posts index

by on Apr 16, 2003 at 11:30:04 pm

Hi,

Wow, Charles, I have been in the hardware game for a long time now, and I don't know about you, but I would be really wary about promoting a product to work uncompressed with Final Cut Pro 4 when we don't have the spec from Apple yet to make it work.

What if you need to change the hardware? That could seriously impact your release date don't you think?

Regards,

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Charles F. McConathyRe: DA-MAX Pro Question
by on Apr 17, 2003 at 12:27:11 am

[Grant Petty] "Wow, Charles, I have been in the hardware game for a long time now, and I don't know about you, but I would be really wary about promoting a product to work uncompressed with Final Cut Pro 4 when we don't have the spec from Apple yet to make it work.

What if you need to change the hardware? That could seriously impact your release date don't you think? "

Grant:

Our engineers think they can make it work. Time will tell.

If nothing else Embedded Audio over SDI with our ProMedia Converter will work great with your DeckLink or DeckLink 2 card - will make a great package. The unknown is just how good the Apple Alpine Codec is...will it come up to BlackMagic quality.

Thanks for your concern...

Charles F. McConathy
http://www.promax.com

PS: Uncompressed over 1394 has been on our plate for a couple of years. Thus the reason for my positve attitude.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 21, 2003 at 8:12:20 am

Hi,

You know how it is, with one little hardware change can really throw a spanner in the works. I get very nervous talking about products that are unannounced because of that.

If you guys have been planning on this for years, do you think the older model DA Max will also do uncompressed? I remember seeing that in the data sheet a while ago.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]