Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
AJA:AJA io ForumAJA Kona ForumAJA Xena ForumAJA io TutorialsAJA Kona TutorialsAJA Xena TutorialsAJA

Trouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit

COW Forums : AJA Kona

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Clay WalkerTrouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit
by on Jan 17, 2003 at 12:36:24 am

I am having a strange problem redigitizing from JPEG to 10 bit.

I have a 15 minute sequence that is cut & finalized in JPEG codec..

I have followed the rules for redigitizing in trying to bump it up to 10 bit.

After redigitizing and comparing my new sequence to my lo rez version, I have realized that all of my redigitized media is 9 frames off.

I have not changed my input scenario. I am matching NDF playback to NDF capture. I am using a UVW 1800 & stealth control & AJA 10A converter.

Is there a way to fix this? I have tried changing the capture off-set but that does not work.

The only solution I have found so far is to capture with 9 frame handles and slide it over. This will take hours to do.

Why did this error occur in the first place? This is way off.

Return to posts index

chrispyRe: Trouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit
by on Jan 17, 2003 at 3:24:18 am

One easy way to slip your entire sequence is to use the Arrow selection tool to lasso the entire sequence (or simply do a CMD + A), select the Slipping tool from the Tool palette and then type -9 or +9 depending which way you want to go.

Of course all your clips would need that 9 frames handle.

Hope this helps.

-chrisy

Return to posts index

Patrick InhoferRe: Trouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit
by on Jan 17, 2003 at 3:45:22 am

[chrispy] "One easy way to slip your entire sequence is to use the Arrow selection tool to lasso the entire sequence (or simply do a CMD + A), select the Slipping tool from the Tool palette and then type -9 or +9 depending which way you want to go. "

THAT is a great tip.

--
Patrick Inhofer
editor, compositor, nice guy
applePi Editorial, nyc
Cow forum leader: Kona

Return to posts index

Grant PettyRe: Trouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit
by on Jan 17, 2003 at 1:55:41 pm

Hi,

This should not actually happen. If you have a clip captured at JPEG and then you capture it again at uncompressed, then it should just be ok. It might be a good idea to try taking the Media offline by deleting the media, and then re capturing. It might be keeping the old audio or something. I have not seen this before, and lots of people do this. 9 frames is a long way out.

Regards,

Grant Petty
Blackmagic Design

Return to posts index

Patrick InhoferRe: Trouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit
by on Jan 17, 2003 at 3:44:33 am

[Clay Walker] "I have not changed my input scenario. I am matching NDF playback to NDF capture. I am using a UVW 1800 & stealth control & AJA 10A converter. "

What kind of computer?

And your capture offset should certainly have an effect on your captures. Sounds like a machine control problem to me.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the stealth drivers.

--
Patrick Inhofer
editor, compositor, nice guy
applePi Editorial, nyc
Cow forum leader: Kona

Return to posts index

Clay WalkerRe: Trouble redigitizing from JPEG to 10-Bit
by on Jan 17, 2003 at 4:57:11 am

i am using a dual 800 quicksilver. I had just installed the Stealth drivers to begin with.

I can see where the offset feature would work for digitizing. I am curious to know the effectiveness of this for re-digitizing since the timecodes are already set.

I realize that from this point forward I can offset it by 9 frames for future digitizing which will hopefully solve the problem.

Although, I am still confused because if my G4 or deck were off with the original digitization, why wouldn't the redigitization be off as well and everything be okay?

Anyhow, thanks for your help.

Clay

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]