Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MEDIA 100:Media 100 844/X ForumMedia 100 ForumMedia 100 TutorialsMedia 100

How do I diss. to color?

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook
Bob VickHow do I diss. to color?
by on Oct 1, 2004 at 1:38:01 pm

I have 2 editors asking me this. They cannot find it in the book. Can one transition to color? The reason is, in our FCP and Avid suites you can fade to color allowing a total fade to black if you have more than 1 track to fade. Or is there a master fade to black command?

I like to place a frame of color on the upper most track and fade to that. This creates the best uniform fade...I feel. But, placing a frame of black then adding a transition can be 1 too many steps if you are in a hurry. Simple fade to color (black) would work.

b

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi • DUAL 2 G5 , 10.3.5, FCPHD, CINEWAVE 4.6/33, ATTO UL3D, QT6.5.1, RORKE DATA 4X73 w/10K Seagate

we would like to know about you
if you haven't already, fill in your profile

Return to posts index

FlohRe: How do I diss. to color?
by on Oct 1, 2004 at 1:45:53 pm

The easiest/cleanest way is to place a color/black clip on the topmost layer and fade it in, either by a dissolve or by opacity keyframes.
You could also fade all the clips out at the end with a transition (you can copy and paste them at multiple edit points). Or create opacity keyframes to fade against the background color. But these are not 100% the same as a fade to black if you have multiple active layers.
There is no "fade to black" command, which in my opinion would not make too much sense anyway, since it would be difficult to find a proper UI approach for that.
And creating a color clip and adding a dissolve should take 5 seconds, so you would have to be in a big hurry if this is too much ;-)

Return to posts index

the kingRe: How do I diss. to color?
by on Oct 1, 2004 at 10:35:38 pm

the cleanest way to make the fade is to place your black clip on the top layer and use the composite opacity starting at 0% and slowing working its way up to 100% over a timeframe that you specify. Remember with 844/X you have the creative freedom to create any transition that you can think of. You want a heart whipe, make one.

Return to posts index

Bob VickRe: How do I diss. to color?
by on Oct 5, 2004 at 1:34:59 pm

Thanks guys. Fame of black is what I suggested they do.

b

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi • DUAL 2 G5 , 10.3.5, FCPHD, CINEWAVE 4.6/33, ATTO UL3D, QT6.5.1, RORKE DATA 4X73 w/10K Seagate

we would like to know about you
if you haven't already, fill in your profile

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Share on Facebook

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]